Bishop's Borough

Crossgate is one of the oldest centres of Durham.1 In the Middle Ages it constituted a separate ‘borough’ of Crossgate, otherwise known as Old Borough (comprising Crossgate itself, Allergate and South Street) and was more or less coterminous with the chapelry of St Margaret of Antioch. It was under the lordship of Durham Priory and had its own borough court, but had no market of its own.2 Crossgate was first joined to the main centre of Durham, where the markets were held, when Bishop Flambard built Framwellgate Bridge, about the year 1128.

Co Durham
Durham
Gaming Environment

Bishop's Borough

Mythen Keep (Ars Magica 5) BlacknBlueKnight